Friday, January 13, 2012

Featured artist of the week

   This month's featured artist is Hena  from Belleville, New Jersey. I got a chance to interview her about her collection of photography! Here is what she had to say...

What type of artwork do you do?
I sell mostly architectural and nature photographs taken during my travels to various locations around the world.

How long have you been creating?
A little over 3 years.

How much time do you spend working on your craft?
I take photographs whenever I travel. Then the month or so after each travel is spent editing those photograph. The rest of my time usually goes into blogging and other forms or online promotion.

What inspires you to create?
Everything. I am inspired by the way a chair sits there with the sunlight highlighting its shape. I am inspired by architecture both new and old and the details that we overlook.

Where do you do your creating?
Photographs are taken on location and the editing is done at home.

Have you always been artsy?
A bit but not really. I always wanted to be a writer. But when I went to college i was actually headed off to be a lawyer. Photography I picked up as a minor and then dropped law altogether.

Do you have another job?
No. Though I think being a stay at home mom should count as being a job :)

Where do you sell your pieces?
On Etsy, I also have a website and currently also at a gallery.

Do you enjoy what you do?
Yes, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't.

Do you have a favorite piece in your shop?
It is so hard to pick one. Each has a story, there are photographs I took in Pakistan the birthplace of my parents and are steeped in culture and things that feel like home. Others where taken with my little boy in tow or when my husband and I traveled through Europe. Picking a favorite would be like picking a favorite child.

Do you have a blog or website setup?

www.henatayebphotography.com
www.henatayeb.blogspot.com 

1 comment: